Patton’s 40 Purposeful Sampling Strategies
As everybody else, I am a huge fan of Michael Q. Patton. In particularly, I enjoy finding answers to many of my evaluation doubts in this book “Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods” (Patton, 2015).
And I was particularly happy to see that Chapter 5 (Designing Qualitative Studies) included 40 Strategies you can use to do Purposeful Sampling. Amazing!
But given my preference to understand things visually, I decided to create this infographic, to be more able to grasp the rich variety of options:
M.Patton was very helpful suggesting some improvements and very kind letting me use it and sharing it with you. Hope you like it!
PS. And it is probably not happening any time soon, but I may consider putting an online minishop for posters!
New posts coming up:
(published every two weeks-ish 🙂 )
- ToCs series
- Visual summary of impact designs
- Visual summaries of other criteria designs
- Ideas to make Bibliographies more informative
- Ways of mapping beneficiaries
- My favorite pre-attentive features
- Ideas for reports (series)
- Some day: iterations with the Periodic Table of Evaluation
Stay tuned! 🙂
You want to see more Visuals?